Each year, when we enter the month of November, we begin to think of all the things that we are thankful for. Many times, these are things that we tend to take for granted and that are very important to us and our everyday survival.
In spirit of Thanksgiving, I have compiled a Dancer’s List of Things to be Thankful for This Holiday Season. Take a moment to think about the importance of each of the following items in YOUR life. Think of what your life would be like, WITHOUT these things…
This Holiday Season, I am Thankful for…
- the food I am provided, for it keeps me energized and able to dance all night.
- a ride to and from all of my dance classes. It sure would be a long walk…
- my parents for funding my dance education and experience. THANK YOU, MOM AND DAD!! (and Grandma & Grandpa and whoever else might help out)
- my dance studio for providing me with the best possible instruction and a safe and fun environment. ECSOD ROCKS!!
- my dance instructors for challenging me and for giving me their knowledge and passion and constructive criticism to help make me a better dancer and person each and every week.
- my feet for allowing me to relevé, sauté, piqué, pirouette, and point.
- my brain for remembering all of my routines.
- my rhythm for being able to keep a beat and count music.
- my flexibility for allowing me to grand battement, grand jeté, and penché.
- my strength. ‘Nough said. 🙂
- my balance for allowing me to turn, promenade, développé, arabesque, attitude, etc.
- my grace and poise for giving me stage presence and quality of movement.
- my passion for keeping the fire lit in my soul for my love of dance.
- my dance friends and dance family. At ECSOD, they are the BEST!! 🙂
- and lastly, my health. Without it, dance wouldn’t be an option.
Happy Thanksgiving, Dancers! I hope this list reminds you of all the great things you have to be thankful for this Holiday Season. Remember to appreciate everything you have, for you never know what tomorrow may bring.
~ Miki Hegg, Assistant Director, ECSOD